Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Engineer[_2_] Engineer[_2_] is offline

Default Tube amplifier poll

On Aug 10, 12:15 am, "maxhifi" wrote:
I'd like to take a simple poll. I don't really want to make it into a debate
about the merits of various configurations, I'm just curious about what's in
use. What is the configuration of the amplifier you most commonly listen to?
I'll start with mine,

Output Tube: 807
Configuration: Push Pull Parallel, cathode bias, pentode, monoblocks
NFB: local only
Power Output: 70W
Speaker Efficiency: 91dB/m
Music Type: mostly Rock and Classical

Several... all pentodes in P-P, cathode bias, mono, quite large NFB
used, various quality OPT's - the least, but still OK, being a Hammond
125E.
Three with 2 x 6V6, max 10 to 12 watts each (one max 8 watts, lower B
+)
Two with 2 x 6L6, max 18 to 20 watts each
A couple with 2 x 6BM8's in P-P (receivers), circa max 6 wpc each.
Planned: stereo, 4 x 6BQ5 (for 10 o 14 wpc) or 6L6 or EL34 (for 18-20
wpc)... to be advised, still thinking about it ands no time to start
the project yet.
Cheers,
Roger