Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default Tube amplifier poll

On Aug 11, 10:29 am, Andre Jute wrote:

I imagine every janitor, even one as worthless as Wiecky, knows not to
stick his hands in electricity but to telephone for someone competent
to do the job.

Andre Jute

So, the stroke victim resurfaces? Can Mr. McCoy and its sockpuppets be
far behind? Clearly a nice long supervised rest did not have the
desired results?

I would suspect, Andre, that I have been around and further with
electricity and its applications (in audio and elsewhere) than you
have been even in your wildest pretenses.

If your wiring skills... even in breadboarding... are as you have
already illustrated with your non-functioning "ultra-fi" amp as
displayed in this venue are indicative of your overall skills, you
would be the last creature on earth to be the critic.

But, don't lose any sleep over it, Andre. My preliminary designs
actually work. Not that they are anything much more than derivative of
and refinements of designs that have been out there for 40 years or
more, but at least I have the grace to admit that rather than
pretending that what I am doing is either revolutionary or unique. But
that they work must be acutely frustrating to you. Sorry about that. I
promise to blow up a $0.05 Chinese electrolytic capacitor in your name
the next time I am at the bench. Will that make you feel better? But I
will not offer a design that burns controls... that is your particular
domain and level of expertise.

I run all the test-beds through an isolation transformer with the
output side on a 3A dual-element fuse. No loses so far. How about you?
Is that "Ultra-Fi" playing yet? Even passing signal (however briefly)?

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA