Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Default Tube amplifier poll

On Aug 10, 3:30 pm, John Byrns wrote:
In article .com,
Andre Jute wrote:

On Aug 10, 8:08 am, John Byrns wrote:

Mine is:

Output Tube: 25L6GT
Configuration: Push Pull, cathode bias, pentode
NFB: none
Power Output: 7 Watts per channel, continuous rating
Speaker Efficiency: 96dB/m
Music Type: Classic/Traditional Jazz

Is this your notorious "Amplifier without Transformer"?

Hi Andre,

No, it is my notorious "Power Amplfier without Power Transformer", it is
hardly without transformers as it has four.

Regards,

John Byrns

Not much of a revolutionary you are! Mind you, I've just done an OTL
amp for my electrostatic headphones (only two power transformers if
you don't count the two chokes), so between the two of us we're
halfway there!

Up the winders!

Andre Jute
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. --H.H.Munro
("Saki")(1870-1916)

"wonderfully well written and reasoned information
for the tube audio constructor"
John Broskie TubeCAD & GlassWare
"an unbelievably comprehensive web site
containing vital gems of wisdom"