Stewart Pinkerton

On 10 Sep 2005 03:37:14 GMT, wrote:

Well, this is where we will never agree, of course, but I don't feel a
need to *prove* these claims.

I truly appreciate the essential honesty of this statement. Maybe
it's time for all the subjectivists out there to just admit that: 1)
they can't prove that their beliefs are true;

What 'beliefs' are you talking about?

Your belief that you hear differences among cables.

and 2) they don't
care that they can't prove that their beliefs are true. They just
believe them.

We are also aware that you cannot disprove that we can hear the
differences between cables in a familiar environment and under normal
conditions.

Sure we can - but you guys refuse to be tested, even though there's
ahealthy cash prize.

Once you're past that, you can start all the threads you want talking
about what amps and cables sound like to you, and which ones you bought
and why. Chung, Stewart, Sully and I will leave you alone.

No, you won't.

Sure we will, because then you won't be making false claims.

Just leave
out the part where you try to explain WHY things sound the way they
sound to you. If you don't want to do science, stop playing at it.

Exactly.