"Well, this is where we will never agree, of course, but I don't feel a
need to *prove* these claims. This is because the need to prove, the need
itself, can lead one astray. Every listening test I've ever read about,
that attempted to establish something on an objective level, seemed to be
designed in ignorance of how subtle subjective experiences operate."
is not

In the most basic of tests the connection of gear is covered by a cloth,
choice of sound source and length of listening is open ended. All
attempts
to determine a difference above the level of chance have failed. Wherein
does this disturb that you assert in your claim? Agreeing that testing can
reveal the validity of a truth claim is indeed the source of the problem.
It is the old "don't confuse me with the facts" better not to know
subjective view.

The subjective enterprise is a sub culture wherein the internal rewards
are
not in the validity of it's truth claims but in it's self reinforcing
claims of individual abilities above the swarming masses using gear they
can't even afford to have or are too ignorant to appreciate.