Arny Krueger

"John Atkinson" wrote
in message
ups.com
Arny Krueger wrote:
"John Atkinson" wrote
in message

oups.com

Even Arny Krueger has effectively agreed with my
statement by subsequently arguing that there are
different types of changes that occur and that he meant
the "bad" kind that invalidates sighted listening, not
the "good" kind that validates blind listening.

Hmm, did I just say "bad" or "good"?

Nope.

No you didn't say "bad" and "good," Mr. Krueger. You said
"coffee" and "alcohol."

Both of which are fine beverages in the appropriate
contexts.

This would be one of those Atkinson paraphrases, where he
puts the words of his choice in the purported speaker's
mouth.

You seem incapable of saying anything without framing it
as a "have you stopped beating your wife" statement, Mr.
Krueger.

You seem to be confused, Atkinson. "have you stopped beating
your wife" is a question. The statement above is a
declaration.

No, this not another "Atkinson paraphrase." I
merely felt your analogy was over-stretched, Mr. Krueger.

Here's a friendly suggestion John, if your problem is that
you felt the analogy was over-stretched, try saying so
without resorting to the ethically questionable debating
trade practice of putting made-up words in my mouth.

If it bothers you that much, substitute "coffee" and
"alcohol" for "good" and "bad" in my statement above
(whichever way round you feel appropriate).

You seem to be missing the point Atkinson, which you must to
in order to pursue the travesty of an equipment testing
procedure that Stereophile seems to have relied on for its
now-flagging commercial success.

Either way, it seemed to have gone over Mr. McKelvy's
head. Your metaphor, your foot, so to speak.

I think he got my point just fine. If it went over someone's
head, I would point to the person who can't quote it
properly, one who confused a declaration with a question.