Dan

Steve Urbach wrote:
On Fri, 13 May 2005 14:56:23 -0500, Dan wrote:

On 5/12/2005 10:49 PM, Steve Urbach wrote:

On Fri, 13 May 2005 01:11:41 -0000, (Dave Platt)
wrote:

If

I turn on my paper shredder, I can hear it on my PC speaker system.

Besides what others said.
Doed your shredder use a Brush (universal) type motor? The brushes may
be dirty or worn causing arcing.

IMHO Shredders, power staplers, VACUUM Cleaners do not belong on a
computer circuit and NEVER plugged into the same outlet STRIP.
FWIW the surge circuit is now probably dead or weak if you *have* used
this equipment on a surge-outlet strip.

The shredder is plugged directly in a wall outlet of the other side of
the room from where my PC is hooked up.

That does not stop the Electo-Magnetic Noise generated if it has a
noise spewing motor.
Barry has the right ideas on isolating the problem.
Fix the CAUSE.
If the speakers are the only device affected (not heard on the AM
radio or other devices), then a overly sensitve (poorly shielded)
Speaker is the cause.

Note: Speaker (amplifier) signal leads should not be tightly bundled
with AC power cords.

I don't have an AM radio available right now. If I unplug my speaker
system from the PC, then I don't hear the shredder. So the noise is
traveling through my PC sound card, right?

When I get the AM radio. Should I plug it into AC power or run on battery?