Kenny

Default Why r u running from Reel?

Oh Yeah!

I agree completely.
Sadly, I have a hot rod MS16 1 inch that I love the sound of.
Unfortunately is has sat for the last year - unused.
Two reasons. People don't like to pay for the tape.
and I have to edit the begeebers out of most peoples tracks...
in the digital domain of course.

Once I take something to digital, I make it a rule to stay there.
no more trips to the analog world. It's a one way street for me.

Kenny

"Robert Philbeck" wrote in message
om...
"news.verizon.net" wrote in message

I was wondering what is the main reason why quite a few studios are

giving
up on their 1" or 2" reel machine and going over to digital?

Maybe the majority of bands and musicians truly suck, so there is a
substantial amount of editing that needs to be done to make their
performances passable. Obviously, editing is far easier on a
computer.