Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.classical
J R Laredo J R Laredo is offline

Default R.I.P.Les Paul

"Arkansan Raider" wrote in message
J R Laredo wrote:
"Anyone" could have invented nearly everything. But, that didn't happen.
Someone did, and that someone happened to be Les Paul.

The guy you're responding to is a troll who is impersonating someone else.
Pay him no mind, as he doesn't have one.

Well, yeah, I knew he was worthless, but, someone who is gullible and
impressionable might have read his opinion as fact so I had to make some
attempt to counter it.

A few years ago a guy I worked with was also the lead guitar of a local
band, Sly Dog. He was telling me about going to this concert or
something, when, "This old dude came out. Introduced as 'Les Paul'. And
I'm thinking, who the **** is Les Paul? And he started playing and. He.
Blew. Me. Away."

If you can't appreciate art, or and artist, well, that is so sad.

That's a cool story, JRL. Shows how things aren't always as they seem.

---Jeff