Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default R.I.P.Les Paul

Tobiah wrote:
On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 09:58:52 -0700, urbanopolis wrote:

you will be missed.
Amazing.

jm

He says here that he invented what seems
to be a delay. I remember that we used to
have up to 2-sec delay boxes before I would
guess that there were microprocessors in guitar
pedals. Is that what this is? How did they work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foXSXOAfB4U

Those delay boxes were bucket brigade devices. I think the device he is
demonstrating is actually a tape delay system, which predates the BBD by
quite a few years, but I am not positive.