Posted to rec.audio.pro
Eeyore[_3_] Eeyore[_3_] is offline

Default R.I.P.Les Paul

Tobiah wrote:

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 09:58:52 -0700, urbanopolis wrote:

you will be missed.
Amazing.

jm

He says here that he invented what seems
to be a delay. I remember that we used to
have up to 2-sec delay boxes before I would
guess that there were microprocessors in guitar
pedals. Is that what this is? How did they work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foXSXOAfB4U

I didn't watch the clip but the common methods for delay were tape loops
and rotary magnetic drums. Example of each, WEM Copycat and Binson
Echorec.

They also had several displaced replay heads to create a reverb too.

Graham

--
due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious
adjustment to my email address