Posted to rec.audio.tech
Randy Yates Randy Yates is offline

Default The Old "Feedback Is Bad" Lie

In the past we were told that negative feedback in an amplifier (power
amplifier) was bad. I believe the old charge was that it produced
excessive "transient intermodulation distortion."

Can someone please explain, using as much engineering-speak as necessary
(i.e., don't sugar-coat it - assume an audience of electrical engineers)
what this was all about?
--
% Randy Yates % "Midnight, on the water...
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC % I saw... the ocean's daughter."