Joseph Oberlander

Default Why shouldn't someone buy Bose?

randyb wrote:

There may be a simple way to see if things have changed in the last 10
years. I have a great deal of respect for Tom's measurements and
evaluation techniques as I am sure many here do. See if Ellis, Salk,
Dennis Murphy , (or one of the othters) would part for a few days with
one of their best creations and see if Tom would be willing to measure
them. I can think of several speaker designs that the DIY crowd hold
close to their hearts. Maybe take it off line to see if any of the
parties are willing (oh, and let me know the results)

Sounds interesting. Of course, the line has to be drawn as to where
small established firms with a few employees and DIYers are different
from major large firms. At some point, the small firms were DIYers,
so in theory it must be possible.

Perhaps include independant companies with less than ten employees? 20?

For instance, NoRH would qualify as there are only a few employees.
The level between DIY and commercial firm is razor thin in this case.

Also get a couple of the Madisound kits in there as well.