Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geetar Dave Geetar Dave is offline

Default What mics are you using?

On Mar 18, 4:21 pm, "ostaz" wrote:
I'm always interested in what other people are using for studio mics. I am
fairly limited in that I only have two Nady scm-1000's and a Shure sm-58
beta which I use for live, not really for studio. The Nadys sound pretty
good when I use them for vox, sax, or bouzouki. I think they are a decent
general purpose mic and they were not very expensive. I just got the new
Mackie 1642 vlz mixer and I think I'm going to try to use it's preamps for
the next recording because I really hate my TubeMP....it sounds way too
harsh!

Pete

B.L.U.E. Baby Bottle
B.L.U.E. Dragonfly
B.L.U.E. The Ball
(2) MXL V67g
(2) Oktava MC012
(2) Shure SM-57
Shure SM-58
Shure SM-91
Shure Beta 87
AT Pro 25
Audix D2
EV 408
EV 635a
Sennheiser e609
Sennheiser MD-421 (an old one)

I mostly record my electric guitars for other people's projects. More
comprehensive projects have been known to happen here, but that's a
low-budget affair at best.

www.myspace.com/geetardave