Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Ohms specs for headphones...do they matter?

"genericaudioperson" wrote ...
I've been researching headphones. I noticed a lot of them are rated
at 32 ohms. Then many of the expensive ones are rated at 100+ ohms.

The higher impedance ones are more likely the ones designed
for the more "conventional" market. The lower-impedance ones
(32 ohms, etc.) sound more like they were designed for the iPod
crowd.

(Lower impedance for iPod, because portable players like iPod,
et.al. run on a lower voltage and it takes a lower impedance to get
equivalent power (=sound levels).

Does that mean a high-ohm rating has a correlation to sound quality?

No. There is no real correlation between impedance and "sound quality".