Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default prosumer audio interfaces

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Les Cargill wrote:
Firstly, they all seem to top out at 8 XLR mic inputs. This seems a
bizarre number to me. My recording sessions fall into one of two
categories: either layering/building/overdubbing in which case one
would be enough; or recording my entire band in which case the horn
section and vocals alone use up 6 of those 8 before I've even thought
about the drums. So 8 xlrs seems right in the middle of the two ends
of usefulness, too many for solo recording but just not quite enough
for the band.

8 is a perfectly fine home recording number

8 tracks was the first multi-track we had in 'my' part of the BBC. There
were four tracks around before 8, but not really enough for our sort of
use. 8 seemed wonderful at the time. ;-)

I am sure.

--
Les Cargill