Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default prosumer audio interfaces

On 3/29/2014 5:49 PM, John Albert wrote:

Although it's no longer sold new, the Echo Audiofire Pre8 has 6 XLR
inputs and is daisy-chainable per the manual:
"You can connect multiple AudioFires to your computer by daisy chaining
FireWire cables

But part of the original poster's daydream was to get away from Firewire
since it's no longer trivial to get a modern computer with a Firewire
interface unless it's a particular model Mac or you use a converter with
the Thunderbolt port. And Thunderbolt on Windows computers isn't widely
available yet - I say that because if I said "not available" someone
would post a link to one (and probably only one) computer.

--
For a good time, visit http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com