Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.synth
Dave

Default How to create sounds for various formats?

'Awave Studio' is a useful tool which can make libraries and save them
in many different formats. And convert from one format to another.

Awave: http://www.fmjsoft.com/

There's also http://www.cdxtract.com/home.php
and http://www.chickensys.com/

I haven't been able to get the Chicken Systems demo working,
but there's lots of information different formats on their website
that's worth a read.

Dave.

Sampleguy wrote:
What's required to create sounds for systems such as Akai, Giga etc.? Is
there more than one Akai format? What about Giga?

The format I'm currently familiar with is Soundfonts. Are all sound formats
constructed in a way that's similar? I.e. - sample pool instruments
presets with various parameters that can be tweaked.

What are currently the most popular sound formats? Do all of them enable you
to create your own? Are there older formats that still have a large user
base?

Thanks.