Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Duuh!! If your Peak limiter has no effect, your probablyclipping badly already!!!

On Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 8:36:10 PM UTC-5, wrote:
JackA: It's not "poor mastering", it's doing what they're being paid to: produce
something that supposedly stands out from the competition. And yes, the
same album might even be mastered differently for sale in different
countries: loud & lifeless in the States, natural & dynamic in Europe or
Asia. Point is, don't just rush to judge the mixing/mastering engineers.

I can understand that, but what I was told, most stations don't buy CDs, as written by him....

http://www.uncompressedmusic.com/

Actually, he gave me a hint why radio has gone to pot, such repetitive songs, boring as where Satan resides.
But when I told the Classic Rock station to upgrade a particular Rolling Stones song, the reply was, "I guess you don't like ABKCO". Boy, how true that is!!!

Thanks, K'!

Jack