Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Duuh!! If your Peak limiter has no effect, your probablyclipping badly already!!!

On Monday, January 12, 2015 at 10:59:08 PM UTC-5, Trevor wrote:
On 13/01/2015 3:10 AM, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Paul wrote:
Thankfully it wasn't too bad, so the client didn't notice
anything....but after they left, I compared their tracks to some
store-bought CDs, and they were way too loud.

You managed to exceed 0dBFS? ;-)

Since "store bought CD's" vary in both peak and average levels by up to
20dB depending on genre, label, era, mastering engineer etc. the whole
concept above is a joke, not just the reply. Surely the easiest way to
determine clipping these days is to simply look at the waveform in your
DAW? Flat tops are a definite give away!

Trevor.

Trevor, I assume you're from England? Your name hints that. I like Trevor at Ace (UK). Very nice company. Even replaced an Ace CD I bought secondhand due to CD rot!! Shame there are no great reissue labels who'd do the same in the US!!!

Jack