Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.car,rec.radio.shortwave,ba.broadcast
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default HD RADIO is no worse than DAB or DRM radio

In article ,
Jason wrote:

In article pt%Yi.403$CI1.60@trnddc03, says...

Was AM radio ever allowed audio to 15 KHz?

WLW AM in Cincinnati, in the 60's, used to plug itself as "The Nation's
Highest Fidelety Radio Station" and ran an announcement a few times a
day explaining that the audio response was flat to 20kc (kc in those
days :-)
).

A ham buddy of mine who was a transmitter engineer at WLWO, the VOA
station that shared the Mason site with WLW, built a high-tech crystal
set (multiple tuned RF stages) to see how good AM could sound. It was
remarkable.

Yes. I did the same thing. I built a crystal radio and connected it to a
audio amplifier and hi fidelity speakers. Radio never sounded better.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California