Scott Dorsey

Years ago I read about a test where 2 amps could be connected to a single
speaker and if there were any differences the speaker would generate sound.

Does anyone know of this test and can you give details?

Sure. You take the output of amp A, and you run it through a 4 ohm
series resistor into the speaker. Then you take the output of amp B
and you run it into the speaker the same way. Then you drive the two
with opposite polarity sources.

It's not very useful today, I am sorry to report, because of course the
amp is seeing a much cleaner load that it would plugged directly into
the speaker.