Phil Allison

"Ian Iveson"
"Phil Allison"
However, real world discontinuities have limited bandwidth and hence a
non infinite series expansion - so they CAN be exactly represented
by a series of sine waves.

Only if they are periodic.

** This featherless parrot keeps repeating its insane mantra.

Nothing in the real world is periodic.

** We have a full on pommy fruit cake here - boys and gals.

Specifically, nothing in music is precisely periodic.

** Yawn.....

If you look you will see that it is the assumption of periodicity that
most concerned me.

** Ida Iveson must be having one of her "periods".

Your daft notion of instantaneous frequency won't impress,

** Not my notion and you need to post under the relevant words - you
demented pommy arsehole.