Harry Lavo

"Norman M. Schwartz" wrote in message
"Harry Lavo" wrote in message
"Mike Prager" wrote in message
Perhaps it's time for the group to split into two:
rec.audio.high-end and rec.audio.high-end.haters.

Mike Prager
North Carolina, USA

It has gotten ridiculous around here lately, hasn't it? I guess those

of
us
who like and get pleasure from the hobby are supposed to just go away

and
be
quiet and listen to our systems, rather than having anything to say,
but...........hey, that's not a bad idea, is it?

Not good at all. Sooner or later I am going to hear some type of "ugly"

from
my speakers; you are familiar with everything that is likely to follow,
aren't you? A different pleasure part of the hobby will be set in motion.
One might even attempt to post a question on rec.audio.high-end. Or if you
are either a glutton for punishment, or want to lighten up by getting a

few
laughs, there is always rec.audio.opinion.

That's why I stay away from rec.audio.opinion. I hate nonsense and flaming.
Even at the expense of missing an occasional laugh. For my interests,
rec.audio.pro, rec.audio.tech, rec.audio.marketplace, and rec.audio.tube
serve as good alternatives (although two of these are going through extended
flame wars that may cause me to drop them). And Audio Asylum serves well
for SACD and DVD-A discussion.