Posted to rec.audio.pro
flatfish+++[_3_] flatfish+++[_3_] is offline

Default Best digital music recording program

On Sat, 06 Dec 2014 22:14:06 GMT, Don Pearce wrote:

On Sat, 6 Dec 2014 16:40:43 -0500, flatfish+++
wrote:

On Sat, 6 Dec 2014 14:57:03 -0500, Orlando Enrique Fiol wrote:

If you are a composer it's hard to beat Studio One for work flow,
ease of use and a decent compliment of instruments.
IMHO it's probably the least complex of all the DAW software and
while it doesn't have the extreme granularity and superb MIDI control
that say Cubase has, it does have more than enough features for most.
I use the Windows version (Studio One Professional) so can't comment
on the Mac version but it's been ultra stable for me.

I'm a totally blind composer/arranger who's been out of the DAW scene for the
past 14 years, ever since Cakewalk and Sonar went through horribly inaccessible
periods. I've looked into Reaper and have spoken with blind folks using Pro
Tools on Macs with Voiceover. My main concern is the accessibility of virtual
instruments (softsynths) and MIDI event editing. Does Studio 1 have any kind of
staff notational component?
Thanks,
Orlando

Presonus sells Notion software as a separate product. I use Finale to
generate notation and parts so I can't comment on how good/bad it is.

I can understand how you feel about Sonar though.
The X interface is horrible.

I've been a Sonar/Cakewalk user since Greg used to answer the support
lines and I hate it.
To each her own.

You use Finale? Right...

I want to change the BPM count part way through a score. How do I do
that?

Do you have tempo information in your score already?
That will override what you have in the tempo box.

I use my DAW program for composing and perform the tempo changes
there.
I only use Finale for notation and cleaning up parts.

--
flatfish+++

Linux: The Operating System That Put The City Of Munich Out Of
Business.
Before Switching To Linux Read This:
http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux...current.htm l