Posted to rec.audio.pro
flatfish+++[_3_] flatfish+++[_3_] is offline

Default Best digital music recording program

On Fri, 5 Dec 2014 22:47:35 -0800, Tom Evans wrote:

What's the best digital music recording program that comes with many
terrific instrument sounds?

I'm thinking of buying Logic Pro 10, as I'm a Mac user and I'm using
Garageband and a controller to record songs on the Mac, but I'm finding
Garageband's instrument sounds are too limited.

The price of Logic seems to be good ($200) but I wonder if there's a
program that easeir to learn and use; Logic seems to be complicated.

If you are a composer it's hard to beat Studio One for work flow,
ease of use and a decent compliment of instruments.
IMHO it's probably the least complex of all the DAW software and
while it doesn't have the extreme granularity and superb MIDI control
that say Cubase has, it does have more than enough features for most.

I use the Windows version (Studio One Professional) so can't comment
on the Mac version but it's been ultra stable for me.

http://www.presonus.com/products/Stu...e/what-you-get

Another alternative is to stick with Logic, spend some time watching
YouTube and learn what you might be struggling with. Then spend the
money you save by not DAW hopping on something like Kontact.
Depending on the version, you'll get a bazillion high quality
(mostly) instruments.

In my experience, unless you truly hate a particular DAW, hopping to
a new one rarely solves the problems. The grass isn't always greener
etc.

Good luck!

--
flatfish+++

Linux: The Operating System That Put The City Of Munich Out Of
Business.
Before Switching To Linux Read This:
http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux...current.htm l