William Sommerwerck

Default Windows XP SP1 vs. Windows 2000 SP4

Denny Meeker wrote...

Go to your local computer book shop and look for "Windows
XP Annoyances", published by O'Reilly. There are MANY
suggestions (and implemention instructions) for taming XP.

Thanks for the suggestion.

And, the toad on the cover is way cool.

I assume this is a reference to Shakespeare. The only O'Reilly animal reference
I got without help was the flying squirrel on their Palm Pilot books.

XP is no doubt superior in some ways to 2000 Pro, but I don't like the
interface. It's much, much too intrusive. It constantly assumes it knows
what you're doing and interferes, or it prompts you with a bunch of
options, even when you're doing what you want to do.