area242

Default Windows XP SP1 vs. Windows 2000 SP4

"Oistein" wrote in message
I'm sure this subject has been discussed before. I'm just curious if

there's
any reason to use Windows 2000 over XP anymore. Everything seems to be
directed towards XP now. Toutorials, drivers and whatnot. I guess I'm

asking
if absolutely everything that says XP works 100% with Windows 2000 too.

Any
give and take factors I should be aware of in this evaluation?

I can only share my experience with you...and I switched from Win2K Pro to
XP Pro and love it! It seems to be a little more stable and it
starts-up/shuts-down faster. I haven't had any combatibility issues at
all...but didn't have any with Win2K either. So, between the fewer crashes
and a little smoother performance, I reccommend going with XP.