Posted to rec.audio.car

Default iPod for 1998 Civic?

I own a 1998 Civic. When I bought it used it had a factory radio (no
CD or cassette player) so I replaced it with an Alpine CD player. That
was stolen a month or so ago so I reinstalled the factory stereo
myself. My preference would be to buy an iPod rather than spend money
on another CD player but I have no idea if it would work well. I don't
want to chance using an FM transmitter b/c I've heard too many
complaints about poor reception.

Does anyone know if the radio player has an auxilliary output (I'm
really not familiar with the terms but I think that's what it's called)
that I could use to plug in the iPod directly? I know I could find
this out at my garage or a car audio store but I can't really spend the
money, especially if I buy something from Apple!

Oh, another only partly related question. I reinstalled the radio but
it has much worse reception than it did before. Stations come in
occasionally and a lot less of them. Does anyone have a guess as to
why?

Thanks a lot for any info.