QXLMG

Default New drive belt?

Subject: New drive belt?
From: (Sandman)
Date: 7/13/2004 12:18 PM Eastern Standard Time

I'm dusting off my old AR Cambridge turntable to record my old vinyl
onto my computer hard drive.

As I haven't used my turntable for about 8 years is it worth me buying
a new drive belt? I just ask because I wonder if over time it
stretches/perishes.

I've got a new stylus as my old one was wearing out anyway.

Everything else looks ok but I haven't got it up and running yet.

I would if I were you. Rubber deteriorates with time and not using it has
probably allowed the belt to become brittle.
BTW, I found that it's a lot cheaper to take your old belt to an electronics
store and let them match it up for you than to order one especially made for
your table. I paid two-thirds less buying a belt from an electronics store than
ordering it.