Mirek

Default Mac problem - flashing question mark? will not boot up

If the drive was initialized/formatted with Apple Drivers, updating
them would have probably done the trick and would have allowed you to,
at least, mount that drive and back up all your valuable data ...
Incidentally, there is another nifty little program in the Utilities
folder called "Disk First Aid". No, it isn't Norton, but you would be
surprised how effective it is in resolving a lot of problems with HDs.

Mirek

It's too late for me this time, because I selected "initialize". I have
updated the driver in the past, however. Is the "update driver" choice
available if the HD is not mounting?

Don