Posted to rec.audio.tubes
tubegarden tubegarden is offline

Default 6N1P conflicting heater/cathode voltage specs

Hi RATs!

I am not sure, neither. I love the 6N1P and have used it in many
circuits. I do not design circuits with anything near 100V between
heater and cathode.

I put a a V-Cap between the 6AU6 and 6BN8 in an AA-161 amp today. It
is new, so it will be some weeks before I can feel confident in saying
it seems to work. I used a similar rated MusiCap in the other 161 in
the same location and circuit. They measured 0.1047 and 0.1044 uF, so
no meaningful comparison can be made

I love soldering new parts into old amps

I am easily amused.

What drives people to build circuits with 250 volts between the
cathode and the heater?

Perhaps some folks are even crazier than me?

Happy Ears!
Al