Posted to rec.audio.pro
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Processing

I was asking over at a televsion group but I thought I would post here also.
Starting from me watching the Super Bowl On my small mono TV set.

What was that annoying sound during the Super Bowl ??

greg

I'm back.
Last night I started watching Die Hard on my little mono set. There's
that annoying dee deee de
sound that varies pitch about 2 to 3 times per second. Its basically
the same sound I heard during the game. Its got to be some compression
artifact since it varies with the sound track. There must be some type
of gear or processing creating this. I can't do anything about the
engineering but every time I hear it I am fixated on listening to that
sound and it takes away from my trying to listen to a show. Just
wondering if anybody hears this.
Those are the only times I have noticed this sound and its got to be
on the Die Hard sound track. I need to listen to with better
equipment.
greg