Posted to rec.audio.pro
Romeo Rondeau Romeo Rondeau is offline

Default 64 bit processing, etc.

Richard Crowley wrote:
wrote ...

I'm in the market for a new computer with Vista. I can't for the life
of me figure out if the Intel Core 2 Duo is a true 64 bit processor, a
fake one, or nothing at all to do with 32 bit.

It is 64 bit and backwards-compatible to run 32...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:In...2#32_vs_64_bit

And then there are different versions of Vista. Supossedly, only the
"ultimate super premium" edition is true 64 bit.

And you would be interested in "Vista" because....?

Most knowledgeable people in my acquaintance are
avoiding it like the plague.

And this movie plays itself out every time a new OS is introduced...