Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] genericaudioperson@hotmail.com is offline

Default 64 bit processing, etc.

On Feb 8, 10:13 pm, "Richard Crowley" wrote:
wrote ...

I'm in the market for a new computer with Vista. I can't for the life
of me figure out if the Intel Core 2 Duo is a true 64 bit processor, a
fake one, or nothing at all to do with 32 bit.

It is 64 bit and backwards-compatible to run 32...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:In...2#32_vs_64_bit

And then there are different versions of Vista. Supossedly, only the
"ultimate super premium" edition is true 64 bit.

And you would be interested in "Vista" because....?

Most knowledgeable people in my acquaintance are
avoiding it like the plague.

well, that's what is out there and time marches on. i'm sure it will
settle in. a big drawback is that it requires a lot of ram. but
ultimately, the architecture will allow massive amounts of ram. we
will be able to forget about how fast the drives are, raid, etc. just
load the entire file into fast ram and don't worry about the drives.