Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Retail/Business Music Systems with FM-tie-in

John Williamson wrote: "It's an IP streaming service based in Denmark, and the
receiver looks to be wifi connected to the shop system. There may be an ethernet option"

Correct - in our application it is hardwired
ethernet. The store does have wi-fi, but mainly
for the wireless store phones management
carries in their pokets, answer calls, and make
pages over the PA from. Just wish they could
do something about the style & variety of tunes
it plays! Fifteen songs shuffled with announcements
every two songs, some stuff I would not
consider suitable for retail outside of a FYE
or other store selling physical movie and
music media.

So based upon where we are, there are
two radio stations, an adult-contempo and
a CHR(contempo hits radio) station from
which HQ buffers songs, then pushes them
out to all dozen stores in our district, inter-
mixed with announcements about discounts,
etc.