Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Peter Wieck[_2_] Peter Wieck[_2_] is offline

Default It Does Not Have to be Expensive....

On Monday, May 14, 2018 at 9:21:51 AM UTC-4, ~misfit~ wrote:

Am I right in thinking that the A35s are a similar speaker to my Goodmans
Mezzo SLs? They use a compliant 10" woofer with rubber surround paired with
a SEAS 1.5" silk dome tweeter with alnico magnet. (The legendary H-087 - a
tweeter that sounds so good that SEAS make an updated version for around a
grand a pair
http://www.seas.no/index.php?option=...6&I temid=498 )

That would be reasonably close, I suspect. The A25 & A35 used the same drivers, and the A50 used two woofers.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA