Posted to rec.audio.tech
Dick Pierce[_2_] Dick Pierce[_2_] is offline

Default Problem With Audio SD Card; Need Advice Please

Mort wrote:
Hi,

I recorded a piano recital, with permission, and ran into a problem that
I never had before. The music is on an SD card, WAV, 16 bit, 44.1 khz =
CD book specs, and it plays back directly in my Windows PC. The card is
a SanDisk 8 GB. regular card, a type that I never had trouble with in
over 200 recordings.

However, none of the tracks will copy to my "music" file on my hard
drive, not in 3 different computers. Each track copies about half way,
and then hangs up.

Is there any way, either by myself or through a music tech person, that
I could get this recital burned to a CD-R?

How long is the recording? If the WAV file is larger than 2 GB,
there are a number of "music" programs that have a bug in them
that will prevent them from opening or otherwise managing a WAV
file.

The bug exists because the WAV spec defines the maximum chunk
size as a 32-bit UNsigned integer (which means it can be up
to 4 gB), but an awful lot of programs use SIGNED 32-bit integers,
which allow only 2 GB maximum.

THis may or may not be your issue: but if the file is VERY large,
it could be this is your problem.

--
+ Dick Pierce |