Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.opinion

Default Conrad Johnson Premier Two: restoration

On 2/13/2010 11:52 AM Bret L spake thus:

On Feb 13, 10:25 am, Circuitsmith wrote:

On Feb 13, 11:16 am, "Phil Allison" wrote:

**** off and DIE you smug ****.

You forgot to compare me to Hitler, which would have officially
finished this USENET conversation.

Where did that rule come from?

Why does comparison to Hitler "officially finish" Usenet threads, but
not, say, Stalin???

Because the person who invented Godwin's Law (that would be Godwin, I
guess) said so.

Which is a silly answer, of course, because it's silly to think of it as
a rule, which is the common misunderstanding. Even as a
moderately-accurate observation of human behavior in discussion forums
such as this, it's often not correct at all.

- a Usenet "apology"