Posted to rec.audio.pro
Raw-Tracks Raw-Tracks is offline
Senior Member

Default monitoring scenarios for PT LE.

L. Durra wrote:
For the time being, I'm recording with PT LE. The players need to be
able to monitor effectively in a couple of ISO booths. To overcome
latency for the players, my workaround is to patch mics into channels
on a Mackie board before the preamps -- Then I send from the channel
direct outs into a firewire or a lightpipe preamp. I use the effects
sends to route signal to personal submixers for the players.

This workaroun is not so great - the power supply has a proprietary
cable and a fan -- so the door to my quiet room has to stay ajar for
the power supply!

So I either have to
a) jump up to PT HD - which is rather more $$ than I have at the
moment -
or b) get into some preamps with close to zero-latency monitor
outputs. -
or c) swap out the Mackie board for something with channel direct outs
- but without a fan. -
or d) some monitoring scenario I haven't considered...

Suggestions? TIA.

Louis

All that info and you don't mention what PT LE hardware you're using.
Would be helpful to know.

--
Eric

Practice Your Mixing Skills