Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

Default Keep the Mac or eBay it?

Why do you feel the need change change your computer (a downgrade in
this particularÂ* model instance) that may render your current software
unusable, or at least complicated to get it to work.

Mostly because it's a Unix system. I'm a programmer
by trade, and I spend a lot of time on the command
line. I dual boot Linux and live there for anything
except music. I banged my heart at Linux audio for
enough years. I spent all my time configuring and
none creating. Also my favorite interface is not
yet supported.

So I use Cygwin on Windows to get a decent shell,
but it's a band-aid on a band-aid. I wanted to
be on a Unix OS where I'm comfy, with real audio
support.

Also, a couple of fellow developers at work are
Mac heads and I've seen them use them for years.
I found that it looked like an attractive alternative.

Now, I also wanted a seamless audio production
experience. I'll take into account some of the comments
that have been made here.