Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Wireless phones?

On 4/19/2020 12:21 PM, Tobiah wrote:
'd want digital transmission to the phones, and a
no-compromise high-fidelity flat natural sound.Â* All of
this for ~$100-$200.

I'm going to start Googling this subject that I know
nothing about, but I thought I'd prime the pump here
to get some focus on what to look for, and maybe
direct model/brand suggestions.

I think that through Google you'll find consumer grade earphones (which
aren't necessarily inexpensive) that use Bluetooth (you'll need a
Bluetooth transmitter to connect to your headphone output) and are
designed to connect to smart phones. They tend to not be flat and
natural, they tend to be good listening for whatever kind of music you
like to listen to. The latest Bluetooth spec has pretty good fidelity
from end to end, it's the earphones you need to worry about.

Sennheiser makes some decent ones (and some inexpensive consumer grade
ones too), and Audio Technica makes some Bluetooth phones as well, in
both grades.

One suggestion would be the Audio Technica ATH-M50BT, the Bluetooth
version of their well respected ATH-M50 studio headphones, coupled with
a Bluetooth transmitter with analog input. I'm sure somebody in the pro
audio world makes one but I couldn't come up with one in a few tries.
There are bunch of consumer ones that probably wouldn't be the weakest
link in a system.