Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic
Steve Hawkins[_2_] Steve Hawkins[_2_] is offline

Default New Basic Version of Red-Eye - the Dee-Eye

(hank alrich) wrote in news:1kdcrfu.gaovnowrr02kN%
:

Steve Hawkins wrote:

don hindenach wrote in
:

On 31 Dec 2011 04:44:26 GMT
Steve Hawkins wrote:

Don, I appreciate the offer, but I require a true preamp and the
control it gives me. There are too many situations where a Phase
Switch saves the day in addition to dealing with rooms and sound
systems that don't flatter the guitar. I know what the guitar

sounds
like, the sound dudes don't. If I trust them, I set my EQ flat,

give
them the gain they want and away we go.

Heck, I feel pretty good about my little $150 K&K preamp after
finding out Pierre Bensusan is using a $7K mixer onstage. :-)

Happy New Year!
Steve Hawkins

OK, send me the K&K and I'll open up the top end like crazy with a
chip swap :-)

If you don't hear the difference (you will!), you don't pay me(it
ain't even all that much).

I'm not sure I'd want a brighter sounding guitar, I ussually cut the
treble.

Steve Hawkins

I'd not assume that a linear extension of the top of the band would
equal a "brighter" sound. It could turn out the opposite, especially if
distortion in the 2KHz-10KHz region is reduced.

Understood, but there is a such a thing as "too clean". Don, if you have
one I can try, I'd be interested.

Steve Hawkins