Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Greg Wormald Greg Wormald is offline

Default The audio geek

C'mon guys--hi-fi has **always** been a minority option.

I went back to Canada and visited some old friends a few years ago.
There were two who had the most interest in music and hi-fi and I had
helped them pick out some good equipment to satisfy their ears. I was
really looking forward to talking to them, and listening to whatever
they had now.

30 years on and they still had the same gear I'd helped them audition
with the exception of adding a CD player. And they had forgotten all
they knew about setting it up. They were amazed at what they'd been
missing when the re-set-up was complete.

None of my other old friends had anything to notice at all. A clock
radio on the 'fridge, and some ran the odd bit of music through the $300
surround sound package that came with the TV.

As far as sales and shows go, there are a lot of people in the world
now, and lots of money, so even a minority can be significant.

Greg