Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio_Empire Audio_Empire is offline

Default The audio geek

In article ,
ScottW wrote:

On Thursday, July 25, 2013 5:57:19 AM UTC-7, wrote:
In the article there is a link to the kessler youtube mentioned below.

Apanel of audio folk discuss the current poor health of the audio biz and

customer decline. But in the article there is a small glimmer of light.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/25/ga...eeks.html?_r=0

They run one of these articles every 6 months or so...and they all lack
credibility with lines like this leading into a segment on resurgence of
vinyl.
"Then he heard one of his older brother’s albums, “A Night at the Opera” by
Queen, in 5.1 surround sound. “I remember listening to it in my room and
hearing all the voices,” Mr. Damski said. “I thought, ‘Oh, there’s another
layer to this I wasn’t aware of.’ ”

ScottW

There IS a resurgence in vinyl. One would have to be really out of the
loop to not have noticed it. There are more 'tables, arms and cartridges
on the market today than at any time since the advent of the CD (~1983).
And the people in this business MUST be selling this equipment to
SOMEONE. After all, they keep introducing new models and brands at all
price points (except the very bottom - the $100 Japanese direct-drive
table with the linear-tracking arm is a thing of the past), but every
other price-point, all the way up to $100,000 turntables and $15,000
phono cartridges seem amply represented.