Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

Default OT Possible Democrat Platform

From: ScottW
Date: Mon, Feb 13 2006 12:21 am
Email: "ScottW"

I do use the 'net a lot to spout my opinion to my reps..I've read they
actually use that on swing issues... I've received enough replies that
were sufficiently detailed to know somebody read my message.
It wasn't just a canned respone. Feinstein's staff is actually pretty
good about that and I bitch at her a lot.

I let my rep and Senators know that I was against drilling in the ANWR.
As it turned out, none of them went for it. My rep wrote back and said
he was opposed to it too.

I think we need to get the national vehicle fleet average much higher
and emphasize alternative fuels. I do not believe that science will
suddenly pull some magic rabbit out of the hat. 'Hey! We just invented
a portable power source that nobody thought of!" So we need to
conserve. Brazil is a major ethanol producer and has just placed a
national focus on converting their fleet to ethanol. There's no reason
we couldn't do that.

I think we could do some other things, perhaps like tax credits for
shipping via rail. I was a rep in consumer electronics for a few years.
Stereo stores would order and the order would come in via truck from LA
or NY. It would seem with barcoding and so on that we could ship most
things via rail which is far more fuel efficient with no delay.

The problem is that each railway has their own little kingdoms. They
charge a ton to switch lines.

Even in major turnout elections I haven't had to wait more than 10
minutes to vote..ever.

I haven't either. I mentioned that because it seemed to be an issue in
parts of Ohio and some other places during the last election.