ray

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 12:56:44 -0700, dbx_boy wrote:

It seems Linux users are used to begging manufacturers for Linux
support of their hardware?

http://www.petitiononline.com/YALB1975/petition.html

Maybe we should start a petition to beg Digidesign, Creamware and all
the others to support Linux!

And people actually have to ask why Linux doesn't even show on the
radar map of desktop users.
Maybe horrid hardware support is a good place to start. Come on
already, when Linux users have to BEG for printer support, things must
be pretty sad in that neck of the woods.
With all of this configuring, keeping track of software, compling
kernels and now begging for support, one has to wonder when these Linux
people have time to use their applications?

dbx_boy

Actually, Linux now surpasses MAC in terms of total installs. Crappy
hardware support is to be expected until the manufacturers realize they
are losing significant bucks by not supporting. The time is coming. There
are manufacturers like HP and Epson who have realized the situation and
are indeed starting to support Linux. Once it gets rolling, it will be a
snowball effect. BTW no need to beg for printer support - there are plenty
of models from HP, Epson and Brother that work fine with Linux - I know, I
check these things out before I buy equipment.