Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Best digital music recording program

On 2014-12-07 01:37:45 -0800, John Williamson said:

On 07/12/2014 09:19, geoff wrote:
On 7/12/2014 6:07 p.m., Tom Evans wrote:

It's not a matter of speakers, amplifier, headphones, soundcard or
room. I think it's more a matter of my preferences.

Luckily, most VSTis and sample libraries have free demo versions ....

And if you're on a tight budget, most VSTis can be used with Audacity.
You lose the pretty graphics, but the functionality is all there.

Thanks, John.

Is Audacity as good as Garageband?

As I've never used Garageband, I couldn't say.

And by the way, are you the same John Willamson who hangs out in some of
the Mac newsgroups? If so, I'm surprised to see you here.

He's not me. I'm strictly non-Apple (not even an iPhone) for many
reasons including not liking their walled garden approach to software.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.