Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tom Evans Tom Evans is offline

Default Best digital music recording program

On 2014-12-07 23:46:17 -0800, geoff said:

On 8/12/2014 8:27 p.m., Tom Evans wrote:
.

Alluding to musical skills like physically playing arpeggios on a
keyboard - perhaps not quite where you are coming from.

Say what?

I'm confused; I'm looking for instrument sounds, but you've separated
that into instruments and libraries of sounds. What's the difference?

Many instrument come with basic (or not so basic) sounds which can be
samples, synthesied, or a mixture.

You can get separate libraries of samples or synth ptaches to augment
the included ones.

And another option is to record real instruments ;-)

That's unnecessary for me because I have access to digital orchestras
with my DAW.

Real live sound and players have no chance then ;-)

Funny guy.

But seriously, I think you need to dive into some magasines to get a
good basic grounding which you seem to be lacking. I guess they are all
available online now. Sound On Sound is. Do Computer Music and
Electrponic Musician still exist?

geoff

Never heard of Electroponic Musician. I haven't read any magazine
music articles for several years. If I read magazine articles, I
prefer them to be Mac mazagines cuz I'm a Mac man.

I know I need to learn many basics by reading magazines that takes so
much time. I'd rather just dive in head first and make music and
learn as I go along.

Instead of reading magazines, I've already published my
much-unanticipated debut single that I made using Garageband, mastered
by Diskmakers and available since September on Itunes, Amazon,
Soundcloud, Spotfiy and C.D. Baby.

Tom