Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default NFB windings, was there a US style and UK style?

On May 30, 7:51*pm, flipper wrote:
On Mon, 30 May 2011 02:23:45 -0700 (PDT), Patrick Turner

wrote:
On May 28, 7:59*pm, flipper wrote:
On Thu, 26 May 2011 16:32:44 -0700 (PDT), Patrick Turner

wrote:
On May 26, 7:35*pm, flipper wrote:
On Thu, 26 May 2011 00:37:17 -0700 (PDT), Patrick Turner

wrote:
I mentioned......
I have never seen any commercial design with PFB and NFB -

Of course you have and I gave you examples the last time you said the
same thing.

I've been saying the same thing because I've never seen PFB used in
commercial amps like the way its done in RDH4 at that amp.

Now you've changed it again by adding "like the way."

Sometimes
bootstrapping is PFB, but usually the gain increase is mild, from gain
with a load to gain which approaches µ. However, come to think about
it, Dynaco bootstrapped the pentode input tube anode RL ahead of the
triode concertina to boost the gain of the pentode.

Told ya so.

The Harmon Kardon 'Trio' also uses PFB and is the basic topology I've
used in at least three of mine.

The gain with
bootstrapping a pentode often rises much more than with a triode tube
because the pentode has its anode feedback screened off from the
electron stream. Pentode µ is gm x Ra, and as pentode Ra is so high
then µ is high.

BTW,
I have to repair the design results of acountants and bean counters
all too often.

You've never had to do it even once because bean counters don't do
design. Never have, don't now, and never will.

IMHO,

Your 'opinion', and following gibberish, is twaddle. It may fool
fellow ignorants who, like you, haven't a clue but it's drivel to
those of us who've worked with your so called 'bean counters' and done
professional product design.

I don't speak from 'opinion' and cartoons. I speak from fact, having
been there and done that.

Its OK, every man's facts are another man's fictions, and one man's
trash is another man's treasure.

More gibberish. Go bang your head on a wall and see how far you get
wishing it were 'fiction' rather than solid fact.

I just see lots of what I don't want to buy or approve of or want to
be involved in and if everyone was like me the world would collapse.
But fear not and be grateful for the human diversity around you now.

It should be blindingly obvious by now that you are not representative
of the market.

Of course, it's also blindingly obvious that accountants are trained
in accounting, which is pretty much why they're called accountants,
and not design but, then, it being obvious to everyone else has never
stopped your delusions yet.

I agree almost entirely. Acountants are acountants. No ****in doubt
about it. They count beans, so to speak.
And so often one will say to a CEO, "Jesus Fred, doncha reckon if the
OPT was smaller and lighter you'd make more profit?" CEO replies,
"Yeah, your'e right again Bill, let's talk to the winder guy...", and
its a little more quality demolished by a bean counter.

Similar crap conversations happen in BP which polluted the gulf so
badly......the all mighty DOOLAH must be worshpipped and the true
price which should be paid is avoided.

Human failings have few limitations.

People can resist all sorts of things, except temptations.

Patrick Turner.